Spirituality and technology aren’t usually considered a perfect pair, but there are many applications available for the iPhone that allow you to carry around your metaphysical and spiritual practices right in your pocket. Like many Americans, I am not so financially fortunate at the moment, so I decided to make a list of what, in my opinion, are the top ten FREE applications pertaining to a variety to topics in the metaphysical realm. Without further ado, here they are…
10) Zippo Lighter This realistic and customizable lighter reacts to movement and breath. It even flickers. Try meditating with it if you are in a place that doesn’t allow fire or simply turn it on to tap into some fire energy when you are away from the candles.
9) River This application is relatively simple, but good for anyone who finds water soothing. Where are my water signs at? In basic mode, it consists of a rock background with flowing water that reacts to touch. The speed of the flow, meditative music, and background can all be customized. It can be used just to relax or to tap into water energy. Either way, it is pretty cool.
8 ) Whole Foods Market With this app, you can find the nearest Whole Foods Market and access the website. What I love most is the recipe sections that allows you to search by course or ingredients. Mmmmmm organic!
7) Natural Cures This is basically what it sounds like: the app is an encyclopedia of natural cures to many different ailments and offers a lot of information about each entry. Very useful!
6) My Past Life Free Ok, so I know what you’re thinking and no, this application is so not accurate, but it is kinda fun. You just put in your birthday and it gives you a past life scenario. The app itself doesn’t even claim to be valid, but it does give you something to think about and might serve as a great conversation starter.
5) Bible Verses Free This is a great, eco-friendly, and free way to carry around your favorite Bible verses. If you subscribe to the Christian faith or find spiritual guidance through the Bible, I suggest getting this handy app for your phone!
4) iTarot Using more traditional-looking tarot cards, this app provides a Card of the Day and a Love Card of the Day to the user. While it doesn’t do longer readings (there are tarot apps that will, but you have to pay for them), this can be a useful way to learn your cards and their meanings as well as plan your day.
3) dhoroscopes For a more traditional way to get day-to-day guidance, I suggest the Daily Horoscope application. There are several horoscope apps available, but I like this one for set-up and accuracy. Along with a daily horoscope, it also gives you a percentage of fortune in several areas of your life (like Love, Work, Emotions, etc), and who was born on each day. You can also customize your icon.
2) Goddess Tarot Lite Version Again, this app does not do full readings, but it does give one-card readings and allow you to browse the beautiful 78-card deck, explanations included. For more choices and longer readings, you can pay extra to get the full version.
1) Yoga There are many yoga applications for the iPhone, but this free one (whose picture consists of a woman in light clothing in the lotus position) is my complete favorite! Not only does it come with a variety of instructional yoga videos, but it also includes many choices for relaxing music and guided meditations.
So, that is my list. I hope you find it helpful in converting your iPhone into a piece of spiritual technology.
Did I miss your favorite? Post it below with a short description for our readers!